Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Meeting Mike Brito aka JediMasta

I met Mike Brito at a Mixer Event and in conversation shows me a video clip on his smartphone of a martial arts competition that he's in. I am a fan of martial arts and now sitting next to me is a champion. So, we arranged for a photo shoot during his following business visit to Austin. But, we shoot in Georgetown before he checks into his hotel. The shoot is scheduled for late afternoon. I look at the clear sky and hope for a few clouds to roll in. We headed for The Blue Hole around 6:30 and there are very few people at the park. I look up again and clouds are rolling in.  

  Mike has his complete outfit and sword, I have my studio light and speed light. The challenge is always having enough light for the shadow side of my subject while achieving blue sky greatness or in the case, blue sky and cloud greatness.  He gets into position and holds a variety of moves for a series of photographs. All elements came together and I couldn't be happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment