Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fujifilm X20 - testing continues with a portrait

While I was on facebook the other day, someone posted a photo of Charles Darwin with a quote by him written off to the side of the empty space of the image.  I couldn't help but think of my cousin Michael Ximenez and how similar they look.  I called him up and he agreed to pose for me.  I am recreating solely on inspiration. This is the third time of done this.
  I am using the Fujifilm X20 mirror-less camera, ISO 250, 1/125, f2.8 and a speedlight aimed at the ceiling.


I am regularly surprised at the detail of the images from this small-sensored camera. Under-exposed areas appeared a bit muddy, but when the exposure is correct the images look quite film-like. I think the acid test is to eventually make a large print, maybe 12x18.


No comments:

Post a Comment